This event is part of the Fashion Revolution – a global movement that runs all year long. This movement celebrates fashion as a positive influence while also scrutinising industry practices and raising awareness of the fashion industry’s most pressing issues. By aim to show that changes is possible and encourage those who are on a journey to create a more ethical and sustainable future for fashion, this year we are holding a Fashion Revolution Open Studio which will commence this Sunday.
This movement celebrates fashion as a positive influence while also scrutinising industry practices and raising awareness of the fashion industry’s most pressing issues
The event consisted of panel discussion with the panellists as listed below:
– Wilsen Willim (from the brand Wilsen Willim)
– Meity Sutandi (from the brand Parang Kencana)
– Camelia Harahap (from British Council Indonesia)
– Imanzah Nurhidayat (from Fashion Revolution Indonesia)
– Helga Angelina (founder of Burgreens, an advocate on ethical living with special interest in fashion and culinary).
The discussion will be moderated by Julius Kensan (from Manual Jakarta). A live audience of 50 (composed from policy makers, media, and general public) will be joining the discussion as well. The session will be continued by a Q&A session. The whole event will cover the environmental aspects, social aspects, and human aspects of ethical/sustainable fashion issues with the topic of sustaining tradition into modern fashion embedded within the discussions.